With the election in full swing, stores already planning major door busters this weekend and thanksgiving just 3 weeks away, shopping for new clothes is the least important priority (but don’t get me wrong, it is still a priority). So we are shopping all our style closets to tell you what to keep, what to ditch and what buy now.This guide is ready to print so you can take it with you. Happy shopping!!!
The spring trends are so paired down right now, almost any of them could be found in your closet!! Here is what you should focus on keeping, storing and buying for spring 2013.
- Black and white hues, this spring is not just about black and white print but colorless blocking as well
- shorts that you purchase this summer with come in handy during spring. Pair them with a matching blazer to embrace the short suit trend.
- statement sunglasses are still chic so take those out for spring
- High heels – flats and low heels are in for this spring
- Sheers have been replaced with the cut-out trend
- Manly shoes are no longer in style
- cut out clothing will be on target to sale in December so look for this trend this holiday season
- Stripes are one print that survived the cut and are already hitting the sale floor
The trends for spring are more towards classic chic but some trends can be adapted to your style! Here are some styles you can make low-key by keeping items in your closet.
- Bermuda shorts are making a comeback and I know you have the jean variety in you closet!!
- Sport dresses that you wore to play tennis, or to work out are now a day time staple.
- Those statement sunglasses are still in style
- Flats are in style so wear those ballet shoes you usually wear to dress up everyday!!
- Printed jeans – they were in last year but now they are falling by the waist side (pun intended)
- Sneakers – switch to low heels and ballet flats
- T-shirts with cool graphics are being switched to bold prints like stripes (I bought some from old navy which still has some on clearance)
- Print T-shirts (think stripes, and squares)
- T-shirts with cut-out motives and sheer backing
The bright colors and floral prints we loved so much this spring are not even on the radar this year. We are sad to see these trends go but at least we have some new ones.
- Color-blocking clothes (vintage)
- soft shorts
- keep color clothes including linen, yellow zest and poppy red
- Floral prints in any clothing
- orange – the color of the year is no more
- beautiful beading motifs
- switch skirts for shorts including Bermuda shorts